Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance assists you against financial loss in the event of an accident. It is a legal contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company has the fiduciary responsibility to pay your losses as in your policy.
Auto insurance provides the following three protections:
- Property coverage: covers for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage: covers for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage: covers any passenger in your vehicle for the cost of injuries, rehabilitation and, in some circumstances, lost wages and funeral expenses, regardless of who is at fault.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of 6 kinds of coverages. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your bank will also have certain requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company will notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium, although at Coastal Alabama Insurance, we utilize email and try to be as paperless as possible. We write auto insurance in Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Hammond, Thibodaux, and all over South Louisiana.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself economically. And the government mandates it.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it's often expensive to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs are often very expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
Questions to ask your favorite local agency in Baton Rouge
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get into an accident?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about the good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
- At Coastal Louisiana Insurance, our auto claims (and all claims really) begin at the office. We handle as much as possible for you. You will never be transferred to an "800 number". We earn your business, and are there in times of chaos to calm the storm.
We at Coastal Louisiana Insurance specialize in shopping auto insurance and finding the best policy for your needs, whether you live in Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Hammond, Thibodaux, or any other South Louisiana area.